BBC Watchdog - Purple Bricks sharp practice
What do you provide in your estate agency service?
Due to significant investment in our 'back-end' systems, we believe we can provide a better service than from other agents (particularly other online agents where everything tends to be automated). Estate Agency is still a "people business" and is not all about automation.
What we will do for you:
- Take top quality photography of your property.
- Assist with arranging the Home Report.
- Maximum online exposure.
- Arrange viewings; quickly, simply and easily.
- Negotiate the highest possible selling price; we always encourage closing dates.
- Provide a professional, transparent service at all times.
How can you operate such a low fee structure compared to other estate agents?
There are four main reasons:
1. We have no expensive High Street Offices; we’re online. We don't try to hide this fact by claiming we are anything else.
2. We have no shareholders to pay and, therefore, no pressure to keep our share price high or have the costs of compliance and regulation of a PLC company.
3. Our Local Valuers are only paid commission when your property actually sells, even with our upfront fixed fee of £595. This ensures our Local Valuers are not incentivised for just listing your property; they are incentivised to sell your property. This is a fundamental difference from other Online Agents.
4. We are open and transparent with our pricing, all of which is advertised clearly on our website, therefore, all savings made are passed directly to you, the customer. There is no hidden small print; what you see is what you pay.
What are the differences in your price packages?
The only difference is the amount you choose to pay upfront. The more you pay at the beginning of the process the less you pay at the end; the service is exactly the same.
Are there any hidden costs or anything else we should know?
Absolutely not. You receive a comprehensive advertising package and the price advertised is all you pay. You can buy additional extra services and these are listed on our payment page. There are no hidden surprises.
Do I need to organise my Home Report via your company?
We can organise a Home Report to be carried-out on your behalf or, alternatively, you can instruct your own Home Report but it must be less than 3 months old. There is no commission paid to Scottish House Move if we organise your Home Report for you. We only use Home Report Companies that are on all the lenders' panels. Some low cost Home Report Providers are not on all the lenders' panels, which means you have no Mortgage Valuation and you may have to get the Home Report done again if the Home Report is rejected by your buyer. Please contact us for more information.
Can you provide me with a valuation of my property?
We will not provide an inflated valuation figure to seduce you into using our services. We will use the Home Report Value as an accurate indication of your property's true value. You decide, with our recommendations, the level you would like to initially market your property at.
Do I need to use you for conveyancing?
We are not lawyers so we do not offer conveyancing, but you will need to use a legal firm on our panel. This ensures we get remunerated for any services we provide you from the free proceeds of your sale. Please note we do not earn any commission from legal referrals, unlike some of our competitors who will refer you to online conveyancers. We only recommend the most respected legal firms in Scotland. So you can be assured of a first-class service which is absolutely critical when selling your property. Your legal fees will not exceed £795+VAT.
Which areas do you cover?
We sell properties throughout Scotland.
We only operate in Scotland. We don’t spend any time trying to conquer other countries. We are only interested in providing a high-quality great value for money service in Scotland. We employ Scottish People and we like to think we contribute to the Local Scottish Economy.
Why do you compare Scottish House Move to Purple Bricks on your website?
Purple Bricks are one of our direct competitors based in England and are quite happy to mock commission based Estate Agents. We don’t mock High Street Agents because there is a definite place for many of the good quality commission-based Agents. A lot of Agents gripe about Purple Bricks rather than taking any action to educate the public on the actual failings of the Purple Bricks Model. We are also determined to provide sellers with a balanced view on all the things Purple Bricks really don’t want sellers to know. We are not saying Purple Bricks are a poor company, but they are certainly not as transparent as they try to claim to be. We believe we are a much more transparent option.